Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Not Amused

Today I ran across an article that discusses changing the guidelines for mammograms. It made my blood pressure rise! (see story link below)


If it had not been for a yearly mammogram at the age of 40, 41, 42 and 43 my breast cancer would not have been found until it was well past a stage I or II. My cancer wasn't there at the March 2010 mammogram, but it was there (8mm) in March 2011. 


1 in 8 women get breast cancer and a majority of those cases are not genetic (so my cancer team told me).


Until there is a cure, fight for your rights! Its your body and you should have early mammograms.

http://www.realage.com/check-your-health/womens-health/uspstf-mammogram-screening-guidelines?src=nl&dom=realage&list=aw&link=text&ad=womens-health-awareness&cbr=wmn_surf&eid=1010642072&memberid=8871438

No comments:

Post a Comment