Tuesday, July 19, 2011

To The Ladies of Zap

Thank you for everything you did each one of those 33 days of radiation treatment. Thank you for making a situation that could be uncomfortable and embarrassing easier to manage. Thanks for laughing at my bad anxiety driven jokes and always greeting me with a smile at such an early hour of the morning. 

Thanks for telling me my skin looked great, even when it started peeling and reminding me that my skin would bounce back. Thanks for answering all my questions - no matter how many times I asked them. Thanks for giving me the smallest radiation tattoos that can't even be detected.  Thanks for letting me choose the marker colors when you had to draw on my boob. 

Thanks for keeping your spirits up while watching all of us come and go all day in various states of healing and treatment. How you manage to do that everyday can not be easy. It's hard to understand the connection that is made between patient and zapping team, but it's there and it's strong. It's hard to understand the emotional impact that happens toward the end of treatment and especially on the last day. 

I will be forever grateful to each of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment